Thursday, May 15, 2014

Our Own Pinterest Fail!

I Did Not Make This "Craft"
  If I did it probably would have been much lazier...like just a bag of candy.

My sister in law, who is crafty, wanted to make a thank you gift for a student.  What do students like? Candy. Right? Right.  Our co-worker found an awesome idea from Pinterest and used her fancy phone to email a picture of this lovely bouquet.   See below.


Cute, right? Right.  The so called "co-worker" explained the craft, saying it uses Twizzlers and toothpicks to make the flower stems.  Now, to be fair, my sister in law did not research how to do this "craft" on her own. I'm not even sure how long she looked at the picture.  Enough to get a basic idea, I guess.  In additional fairness, her eyesight has been questionable.  In her younger days she was seen talking to a shrubbery thinking it was her parents. 
   In any case, candy and a vase was purchased by the alleged co-worker (a.k.a girl who parks in the same lot we do) and toothpicks were somehow procured.  The two ladies, who supposedly work together but have yet to verify this on Twitter, did not work on this craft together, which leads us to our lovely fail result.  Now, to be fairer still, I did not see the crafting of this project, but I heard about the anguish my sister in law went through trying to assemble this at the last minute.  

   The Twizzlers were pull and peel, not like the ones in the picture.  The gumdrops were spice, the icky minty and licorice ones that my Dad and I love but nobody else does.  My sis in law put the gummy bears in the vase and they barely covered an inch of the bottom.  First sign of failure.  The toothpicks kept breaking and weren't holding anything upright.  Second sign of failure.  She tried making a flower with multicolored spice gumdrops.  Its at this point that I wish I had a video of her attempts.  It all apparently looked horrible.  I have to wonder if the girl who says she works with us but I have yet to see a paycheck meant to sabotage her on purpose.  My sis in law gave up hopes of a lovely bouquet and tried to decoratively layer the candy in the vase, which I think she did nicely, but it looks nothing like the inspiration.


  People have asked if it is some sort of worm farm.  Could be.  Cute? Not right. She really tried her best.  We don't even know if the person it was made for likes candy. Or sour gummy worms.  Or Twizzlers.  I will tell you right now they will not like spice gumdrops.  Only weirdos like those.  I guess the moral of the story is don't try anything you see on Pinterest.  Let your sister in law do it and then you can make fun of it and pretend you had something to do with it so you can submit it to pinterestfail.com.  




No comments:

Post a Comment