Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Conversations With a Preschooler

Princesses and Their Clothing Rules

Preschooler: Daddy says princesses can wear pants.
Me (confused but curious): Yeah, sure.  Princesses can wear pants.
Preschooler: No. They only wear dresses.
Me (catching on): Oh.  Well some princesses wear pants.  There is a princess in England who wears pants a lot.
Preschooler: No.  Princesses don't wear pants.

I was shut down.  I can only imagine the original conversation where dad is trying to explain to the 4 year old how she can wear pants (probably because that is all that was clean and/or it was 30 degrees outside), not just dresses and the immediate fight that ensued.  Poor dad.  It was only later that I remembered a very famous princess every little girl probably knows about who does wear pants.  But also not much else.  So I didn't bring in the picture for proof.

-I am Sami

No comments:

Post a Comment