Saturday, March 2, 2013

Quick and Easy Recipes

One of two of my favorite easy and simple meals.  Both require chicken and a few simple ingredients.
Here you go:

Baked Chicken Fajitas
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
1 medium onion, cut into thin strips
1 medium green pepper, cut into thin strips
1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
2 tablespoons canola oil
2 teaspoon chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon salt
12 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed

In a 13x9 in baking dish coated with cooking spray, combine the chicken, tomatoes, onion, and peppers.  Combine the oil, chili powder, cumin, and salt.  Drizzle over chicken mixture, toos to coat.

Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.  Spoon onto tortillas; fold in sides. YIELD: 6 servings

Sami Notes
1. I don't use the can of tomatoes and green chilies, hubby doesn't like tomatoes. It still tastes great.
2. I use double green pepper, I don't waste my money on the red. It still tastes great.
3. I use either size of tortillas.  I like to add stuff in the fajitas like cheese, sour cream, fresh spinach, salsa, guacamole, maybe rice.  It still tastes great.
4. I use two thin chicken breast for just the hubs and me, if there are any leftovers they taste great in quesadillas! It still tastes great.

Sami Tips
* To save time and money, I buy a big "pack" of onions and/or peppers at Aldi ( i <3 Aldi) and cut it all up in one sitting and freeze in old (washed) lunch meat containers. Then I just break or chisel out what I need for the recipe and use it frozen.  It cooks up fine.  When it thaws the veggies will be squishy, so don't use in place of fresh veggies if you need that crispness.

Recipe Deux Soon...

-I am Sami


No comments:

Post a Comment