Thursday, June 13, 2013

Homemade Bubbles!

I hate spending money..when I don't have to.  I love spending it on clothes!!  But buying bottles and bottles of bubbles so kids can dump it as they try to blow bubbles? No thanks!  I've found a few recipes and actually tried one today.   It uses only corn syrup, water, and dish soap.  I tried to blow a few bubbles after and it seems to work great.  Tomorrow it will be tested by children.  The recipe can be found here.  Here we go...

I used Method dish soap (love that stuff!) since that's what I had on hand and was excited for the lovely orange smell.  Boy, I was not disappointed! The kitchen smells delicious!!

The brew was quite warm. I poured it in the large purple container..it was the perfect amount, just about 3 cups, but the plastic felt very warm and I was afraid it might melt it.  So the bubble brew is chilling in the fridge...I recommend this step before pouring it in any plastic container.

I can't wait to try this out (hopefully the rain goes away tomorrow) and I'm really hoping it will still smell like delicious clementines!

~I am Sami

No comments:

Post a Comment