Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Death Valley

Surprise!
K, so I was totally gonna share pictures from the hammock in spring, but I cannot find them! And in my search I came across theses pictures I took at the Racetrack Playa in Death Valley while I was in Americorps.  It was so worth the very long drive down the gravel road there, the rented SUV, and the trip home in the dark almost out of gas and thinking we saw a UFO, when really it was the moon rising.  Ha!

As you can see, I had the date stamp on there. Useful for remembering but kinda messes up the picture

A sailing stone! If you don't know about these, look it up, so fascinating

we got there a little before the sunset, but it went behind those mountains fast!

I'm being all scientific and studious...here is a rock, hmmmm

now I was being artsy with the black and white.  No, I don't know those people
All these pix were with my old camera (also red) not as great as my teammate's Cannon Powershot which made me want the one I got for Christmas last year, yay!
   As you can see, I took these in March, I was wearing shorts, it is Death Valley after all, I hear it gets pretty hot there.

2 comments:

  1. So now your assigning homework, I now have to look up what sailing rock is... Augh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL..here is a good site http://onemansblog.com/2007/09/06/death-valleys-sailing-stones-mystery-solved/

      Delete